Elk Hunt MT GMU 100

lordofbarbeque

Is there anybody with experience in this GMU ( GMU 100)
My outfitter says I'll probably take a shot at over 100 yards due to the type terrain ( thick timber ).
I'm just curious what people have experienced in this unit.

Because I have never hunted up there and I've never hunted elk in supposedly thick timber as stated.
Am I correct that you have never been in GMU 100 above Troy either, you just wanted to comment?
Not trying to be a SA. I always try to check out what somebody tells me on a lot of things. Just a habit I had since younger days

No I'm not being a smart ***. I live i think about 1.5 drive from Troy have hunted the Cabinet Mountains a ton and my Uncle lived in Troy.
What I dont get is do your home work before you hire the guide of you dont trust him or what he's telling you then hire somebody else after all he's the one out there everyday RIGHT!

Is there anybody with experience in this GMU ( GMU 100)
My outfitter says I'll probably take a shot at over 100 yards due to the type terrain ( thick timber ).
I'm just curious what people have experienced in this unit.
I grew up there. Folks still live there. I have hunted pretty much every drainage in the unit. Thick and steep. You will definitely work for it, but there can be some big ones. Numbers aren't what they used to be when I was a kid.