Electronic predator calls

You can mix in a howl or two and then hit a distress sound and be successful. I don't do it because I think it might spook a timid coyote or fox.

I don't use the howl to call in coyotes. I have a lot of Fox in the area I call and I do not want to spook them. I do use the howl and a siren to locate.

Nice haul Venatic … I met you a few years ago at a windmill in the desert southeast of Las Cruces during the PM conference. We had just shot one when you pulled up. Small world, maybe we'll run into each other again.

I do remember that..... I backtracked down the road after meeting y'all and called in a coyote and shot and watched it run off.... I looked and about 10 yards out was a 1 inch thick Mesquite limb with a big gash in it from where the bullet nicked it. Still have a picture of that limb in photo bucket.
My son lives in Roswell now so I get over there several times a year and he and I usually get after the coyotes if the weather is decent.

is it possible to get an electronic call around $100 that is decent? Looking to give coyotes a whirl. Don't want to spend too much right off the bat. Also what would be some of the lower price recommendations. Thanks
If you have your heart set on an electronic, be careful. Make sure you check out every one of them before buying. I bought a Foxpro in December & I would never, ever buy another of their products. Their customer service sucks. I have always killed tons of coyotes with handcalls. The remote on my CS24C Foxpro eats batteries like candy & sometimes it will not switch sounds when I want it to. Called for 4 hours in Montana about a month ago & the remote batteries were dead. And yes, they were fresh batteries that morning. I'm going to try either a Lucky Duck or Icotech. If they are dependable the Foxpro will be in our local landfill.
Thanks, Kirk

Kirk,

I have been calling pretty regular for 3 months and am on the same set of batteries, even still says full. Not sure what batteries you are using, but I'd blame the batteries for sucking and not the FoxPro.

I use Energizer Lithium's if that helps.

Steve

Catahoula, sorry you have had an issue. My CS24C has worked flawlessly. Fox Pro's customer service has been outstanding when I have called in needing help in loading new sounds. I think BoomFlop nailed it. Cheap batteries. I use Duracell Red Top. It is a shame it's in the land fill.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.