Electronic predator calls

Rilow

is it possible to get an electronic call around $100 that is decent? Looking to give coyotes a whirl. Don't want to spend too much right off the bat. Also what would be some of the lower price recommendations. Thanks

I bought a refurbished fox pro on sale for a $100. I have been using It for three years, it's called up a lot of coyotes and bob cats.

is it possible to get an electronic call around $100 that is decent? Looking to give coyotes a whirl. Don't want to spend too much right off the bat. Also what would be some of the lower price recommendations. Thanks
You can get some of the lower end foxpros on sale for about that. When I first got into coyote calling several years ago, I learned how to use a hand call - they are cheap and not to hard to learn how to use. It was the best thing I ever did. I have a foxpro fusion now, but still prefer hand calling.

Thought about hand call, also what low end models of fox pro should I be lookin at

Thought about hand call, also what low end models of fox pro should I be lookin at
Idk what they call the cheapest model now, it was the spitfire for a while, now maybe it is the patriot. The first foxpro I bought was the Fusion and I love it, i think I paid $450ish maybe? I haven't ever owned one of the less expensive models - somebody will have to comment on how well they work or what model.

+1 on hand calls, then spend the rest of the $$ for fuel to scout for them! E-callers mostly all have the same sounds and you make different ones with a hand call, not the same dying bunny blues they've heard before. Don't get me wrong, I have and use FoxPro, but only in places that I'm pretty sure haven't been called. Using hand calls makes it easier to hike into your stands and you can't forget the remote back at the pickup... Yep, I did that today, thankfully I had my Orion call hanging around my neck so I didn't have to hike a 1/4 mile back to the truck. Good luck, and don't give up, there is a learning curve to calling coyotes. Sneak in, watch the wind and keep your movement to a minimum.

Electronic calls are just like guitars, lots of people have them, few know how to use them well. This was last month at a derby we competed in. All were called with a foxpro, "none called in with a rabbit sound." All were called during daylight hours.
20181202_141335.jpg

window licker that's outstanding. Give us mortals some help. Post us some tips under the thread Coyote Hunting Tips. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I use my phone and a JBL Bluetooth speaker it is louder and has better sound quality. Plus you get to use it for music and conference calls among other things. I will say it sucks when your wife calls in the middle of a calling session and you forget to turn the ringer off though.

But honestly I think Foxpro has ruined coyote calling for some of us. Every ****** in the country has one now and they all sound the same. A lot of these guys have no idea what they are doing and end up educating the coyotes instead of killing them. I have been moving back to the hand calls when conditions are good just to get a different sound.

Another question? Do you guys try to conceal your caller when you put it out or any camo color cover or anything? I did get a Foxpro patriot n gettin ready to give this a try. Appreciate any advice

I stick my Shockwave out in the open. No camp or anything. It does have the decoy attached. Couple evenings ago my son and I called a triple and on dang near ran it over, but I don't want to talk any more about that stand. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.