electric powder measures

does anyone double check with another electric scale before dumping a charge
I have the RCBS automatic dispenser and scale unit and periodically check it with a balance beam scale and have found it to be very reliable as long as I let it warm up good and rezero it every time I turn it on. I also recalibrate it every time I change powders or if I've gone several days or longer between loading sessions.

I still double check it periodically but the longer I load with it the less I feel the need to.

I also use the rcbs. I turn it on several minutes before I'm ready to use it. I check the calibration with the supplied weights and start loading. It's a wonderful unit to have.

I dpn't bother to double check for practice rounds when I just need some triggger rime. But I do double check for serious pre-match practiee and actual match preparation, but not with another digiital device. I take my digital scale dump and fine tune it using my balance beam scale.

I don't go electronic... I use a rcbs/ Ohaus 505 and toss a bullet or check weight on occasionally to make sure I'm still g.t.g.... it may be a touch slower, but it is one less variable for me to work out...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts