Eberlestock Backpack Predator hunting

BigTy

I am wanting to get an Eberlestock backpack mainly for predator hunting, so I want a rifle scabbard. I was considering the X1A3, X31 low drag, or the H2 gunrunner. All thoughts are appreciated.

Love my Eberlestock packs, however are you going to be running a single gun or a rifle and a shotgun together/two rifle combo? Depending on your area of hunting having your gun in your pack and not in your hands could for me be a deal breaker and result in a missed dog, I've jumped quite a few that take off and never look back in open country or in thick areas where you'll never see them again after 20-40 yards. Obviously depends on the type of country your hunting and what you are carrying. I like my eberlesocks for carrying something long distances or big open country for a single gun or for carrying a second gun, shotgun/rifle combo or short range rifle/long range rifle combo. They also carry a tripod well

Love my Eberlestock packs, however are you going to be running a single gun or a rifle and a shotgun together/two rifle combo? Depending on your area of hunting having your gun in your pack and not in your hands could for me be a deal breaker and result in a missed dog, I've jumped quite a few that take off and never look back in open country or in thick areas where you'll never see them again after 20-40 yards. Obviously depends on the type of country your hunting and what you are carrying. I like my eberlesocks for carrying something long distances or big open country for a single gun or for carrying a second gun, shotgun/rifle combo or short range rifle/long range rifle combo. They also carry a tripod well
I am going to be running two guns a rifle/shotgun, and I mainly hunt solo. What eberlestock pack do you run while running two guns?

I am going to be running two guns a rifle/shotgun, and I mainly hunt solo. What eberlestock pack do you run while running two guns?
H2 Gunrunner. For coyotes/varmint hunting it is my absolute go to. Honestly it's one of my favorite packs period, as long as your not doing multiple days out hunting or needing it to carry back game with a pack it is a solid pack for even 2-3 day trips if you are actually going light. You won't regret buying one, especially if your using it for hunting 'yotes.

Well, based on my post below this thread, I may have a Eberlestock M5 for sale soon. Brand new and never used.

H2 Gunrunner. For coyotes/varmint hunting it is my absolute go to. Honestly it's one of my favorite packs period, as long as your not doing multiple days out hunting or needing it to carry back game with a pack it is a solid pack for even 2-3 day trips if you are actually going light. You won't regret buying one, especially if your using it for hunting 'yotes.
I was looking at this one, but it just seem small. I was also wondering if you can fit a rifle with a bipod in the scabbard?

I was looking at this one, but it just seem small. I was also wondering if you can fit a rifle with a bipod in the scabbard?
I've put my 300 Win Mag that has a 26" barrel, manners T4A stock and a Bushnell XRS 4.5-30 scope that has huge turrets on it and a bipod. With a 5 round AICS mag in it the fit is tight, with a 3 round mag there is enough clearance and it slides in to where the whole trigger guard is contained in the pack. Running an AR in it your going to probably need to remove the mag, I have to but I also have a scope with turrets on that gun. Slimmer profile guns slide in no problem. If your going to run your rifle in the pack, e-tape the end of your muzzle as moving through the woods debris likes to collect in the bottom of the scabbard and could end up plugging up your muzzle.

I ran the lodrag for a decade or so, I now have a framed bag but bought another eberlestock scabbard and have attached that to it to run. I don't want to be without the scabbard, they are great, I also use the butt covers so I can completely enclose the gun should the need arise.

Went from less expensive packs up to that lodrag, and it was worth it, now play in the even more money framed pack arena and find it even more worth it, whether out after coyotes or more.

It's amusing because I can actually get a framed backpack that has several times the space but at a lighter weight, looking at a seek outside saker right now, it weighs less by about a pound and a half and has about 3 times the amount of space in it as that lodrag.

But will cost double or so... But I'll say, if you're going to pack hunt, knowing what I know now, I'd have rather done the "buy once cry once" route.

Was always crazy to me to think of spending $150 on a bag, then $200, then $300, now I'm looking at setting up a bag that may be near $800 or so by the time I'm done.

Same way with sleeping bags, what kind of nutjob spends hundreds of dollars on a sleeping bag... now I'm looking at a $1300 sleeping bag, and the $1250 washing machine I'll need to wash the thing properly.

I found out the old saying "I'm far too poor to buy cheap things" has smacked me in the face, so I buy expensive nice gear now, or try...

Anyways, that was a bit of a tangent, the lodrag was a good bag, loved the scabbard, had the pockets and access I needed for calls, rangefinders, binoculars, extra clothes etc... I hunted coyotes in 70 degrees down to 40 or so below zero.

I liked it, but again, I'd just look at a full blown frame pack knowing what I know now, Exo 6400, Seek outside Saker are the two in the running at the moment for me. Especially given they don't have a weight penalty vs eberlestocks bags. More money but you only need to spend it once. Good for elk, good for coyotes.
Though I'll always attach an eberlestock scabbard to them.

I've put my 300 Win Mag that has a 26" barrel, manners T4A stock and a Bushnell XRS 4.5-30 scope that has huge turrets on it and a bipod. With a 5 round AICS mag in it the fit is tight, with a 3 round mag there is enough clearance and it slides in to where the whole trigger guard is contained in the pack. Running an AR in it your going to probably need to remove the mag, I have to but I also have a scope with turrets on that gun. Slimmer profile guns slide in no problem. If your going to run your rifle in the pack, e-tape the end of your muzzle as moving through the woods debris likes to collect in the bottom of the scabbard and could end up plugging up your muzzle.
This is very helpful for me. This is exactly what I needed to know.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.