Earmuff Recommendation

I'm not an expert but I like to use ear plugs and muffs at the same time. Both have NR ratings close to 30dB.

I use

I use bilsom in ear earplugs while in the file or at the range with small cals, or a good muff with gel ear pieces and a NRR close to 30

For the price you can't beat the Peltor tac 6, I've used a set for about 5 years for hunting and silhouette competition.
I also like the molded ear plugs and got another set at Gander Mountain, it's a two part silicon that you mix then put in your ear. Let it sit for 12-15 minutes and it's ready to come out, let sit for a while and it's done.

I had some custom plugs molded for me. They work really well, but are $40. When shooting shotgun I just wear the plugs ad they don't seem as loud as rifles. With rifles it's plugs and muffs. Muffs tend to pinch my cheek and I don't like wearing them, but when I shoot rifles, I find it's a must.

Check out this web site forum discussion. Some good information on hearing protection. Based on the discussion in this thread, I had a set of E.A.R. molded in ear plugs made for $40.00. The room gets awful quiet when they place those plugs in your ears.

24hourcampfire: Good hearing protection

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.