Earmuff Recommendation

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by Garrett H., Dec 5, 2007.

1. Garrett H.

Garrett H. Well-Known Member

What are some quality comfortable muffs out there? What db level should someone buy to insure you are fully protected?

2. keithcatfish

keithcatfish Active Member

I'm not an expert but I like to use ear plugs and muffs at the same time. Both have NR ratings close to 30dB.

3. robbor

robbor Well-Known Member

I use

I use bilsom in ear earplugs while in the file or at the range with small cals, or a good muff with gel ear pieces and a NRR close to 30

4. yotefever

yotefever Well-Known Member

For the price you can't beat the Peltor tac 6, I've used a set for about 5 years for hunting and silhouette competition.
    I also like the molded ear plugs and got another set at Gander Mountain, it's a two part silicon that you mix then put in your ear. Let it sit for 12-15 minutes and it's ready to come out, let sit for a while and it's done.

5. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

I had some custom plugs molded for me. They work really well, but are $40. When shooting shotgun I just wear the plugs ad they don't seem as loud as rifles. With rifles it's plugs and muffs. Muffs tend to pinch my cheek and I don't like wearing them, but when I shoot rifles, I find it's a must.

6. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

Check out this web site forum discussion. Some good information on hearing protection. Based on the discussion in this thread, I had a set of E.A.R. molded in ear plugs made for $40.00. The room gets awful quiet when they place those plugs in your ears.

24hourcampfire: Good hearing protection