Dyna Bore Coat Use?

arizona mike

Looking for advice on the relative success of using Dyna Bore Coat by other members of the forum. I would like to reduce the copper fouling I am getting on a new 22-250 and looking for some feedback before I apply this to my bore. Any users of this product out there and if so, I sure would appreciate your thoughts and experiece on using this, Thanks.

AZ Mike , I too am considering the Dyna Bore Coat application after reading John Barsness article on restoring throats...did touch base with one of my suppliers > Sinclair [great company] got a negative report from one of the techs. Hope springs eternal for relief from cleaning grind. Many are suspect about sports writers product reports but Barsness has always seemed very down to earth to me. Have you found out any word of mouth from actual users?
Thanx in advance for taking time for a response.
CR

CR:
I unfortunately have not received replys from actual users of this product. It's distribution appears to be extremely limited. I as well have found conflicting reports of its usefulness. Hard to say on this product. For now, I am simply running a cooler burning powder with high round count rifles to reduce throat erosion and extend barrel life. Anything in ceramic seems to be the way to go, I suppose the best way is simply to try it and hope for the best!

I am a retired pilot and a lot of new engines are utilizing ceramic combustion components for longer life. I will keep you updated on how it turns out.

Thanks CR, look forward to hearing how you get along with it. One of the purported advantages on this product is to also reduce copper fouling, thus less work cleaning and better accuracy. Since I switched to 5R rifling, the copper fouling issue went away completely so I also felt less need to try the product. However, I would like to hear any success stories as I have some other rifles with standard rifling that could benefit from this product if it works. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.