Dumped in Denver

badthirtyone

Well, as most of the Colorado folks know by now, it snows in March. :p

This is not new, but as cold and snowy as most people in North America believe that Colorado is, it doesn't snow 2 feet in 24 hours that often. It did this weekend.

I wanted to show a special project that my youngest son came up with - and completed in time before the snow hit on Saturday night. He was exceptionally concerned for our 3 dogs (none of which are much larger than a loaf of bread) because they would not be able to fight their way around the backyard. Therefore, he conceived a tunnel and "circus tent" so that they would be able to make their way around and do their business.

My son built the framework of the tunnel with 2x2's then covered it with a 10 mil tarp. Then he and my wife assembled our patio furniture in a circle in the yard and covered that with a tarp as well to make the circus tented area for the dogs to run around.

My kid installed the completed tunnel on Thursday night and gave the pups an opportunity to get used to it before the snow came. He was thrilled that all 3 of our dogs actually utilized the tunnel. I'm sure they were appreciative of his work come Sunday morning!

In one of the photos, I show a neighbor kid for size reference in front of the snow that I shoveled from our front sidewalk today.

Just figured I'd share his success with you guys.
3 tunnel 1.jpg

3 tunnel 2.jpg

3 tunnel 3.jpg

3 tunnel 4.jpg

3 tunnel 9.jpg

3 tunnel 5.jpg

3 tunnel 6.jpg

3 tunnel 7.jpg

3 tunnel 8.jpg

Well, as most of the Colorado folks know by now, it snows in March. :p

This is not new, but as cold and snowy as most people in North America believe that Colorado is, it doesn't snow 2 feet in 24 hours that often. It did this weekend.

I wanted to show a special project that my youngest son came up with - and completed in time before the snow hit on Saturday night. He was exceptionally concerned for our 3 dogs (none of which are much larger than a loaf of bread) because they would not be able to fight their way around the backyard. Therefore, he conceived a tunnel and "circus tent" so that they would be able to make their way around and do their business.

My son built the framework of the tunnel with 2x2's then covered it with a 10 mil tarp. Then he and my wife assembled our patio furniture in a circle in the yard and covered that with a tarp as well to make the circus tented area for the dogs to run around.

My kid installed the completed tunnel on Thursday night and gave the pups an opportunity to get used to it before the snow came. He was thrilled that all 3 of our dogs actually utilized the tunnel. I'm sure they were appreciative of his work come Sunday morning!

In one of the photos, I show a neighbor kid for size reference in front of the snow that I shoveled from our front sidewalk today.

Just figured I'd share his success with you guys.
View attachment 260887
View attachment 260889
View attachment 260890
View attachment 260891
View attachment 260892
View attachment 260893
View attachment 260894
View attachment 260895
View attachment 260896
That's really badass! Great job!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.