Douglas Supreme Barrel

Let me be the first to say 300 WM. :D.....I would get the reamer specs from Broz. He uses a longer throat to seat the 215 Bergers out some, 10 twist?

Maybe the best answer.

The .30 Nosler is new and shiny enough to catch my eye, and could be the way I would go.

Is your action a LA or SA? A std .473 bolt face or a magnum bolt face? Pleanty throwing suggestions out, without knowing enough about the action to make a good suggestion......
Long action.It was a 300 Weatherby Remington Classic.The guy that had it before me drop it and bent the barrel

Just picked up a Douglas Supreme 30 cal barrel.It has not been chambered yet.Just for the heck of it I would like to see what some of you would chamber it for I have a Remington receiver for it to go on

What twist?

Long action.It was a 300 Weatherby Remington Classic.The guy that had it before me drop it and bent the barrel

You have plenty to choose from with the action you have esp. if wildcat is in the mix; .300 WM, .300 WBTY/improved, .30/8MM Rem Mag/improved, .300 H&H/improved, .300 ICL Mag, .300 Jarrett, etc ...

IMHO, it boils down to personal preference and the intended purpose, esp. not knowing what you already have in your inventory. Obviously there's an extra cost for the wildcats that you need to factor in.

Good luck!

Ed

I am leaning towards the 7MM STW .I would have longer barrel life right
Barrel life shouldn't even be a consideration with a big game hunting rifle. The 7STW is a might large IMO for a varmint rig, and I don't think I'd want to have my competition rifle chambered in that round, either ,, even though it can be extreamly accurate. Consider this,,,, there's one source of brass currently. Sometimes its available sometimes it is "out of stock". It'd be the s@(%^ to have the rifle built and wait for two months on ammo/brass. In this day and age, plan ahead.......:D Besides all of that, isn't your Douglas barrel a .30 caliber? Your going to have a hell of a time chambering a 7mm cartridge in a .30 caliber barrel! Reading comprehension in this thread is terrible! Must all be products of our public education system!

Last edited:
Barrel life shouldn't even be a consideration with a big game hunting rifle. The 7STW is a might large IMO for a varmint rig, and I don't think I'd want to have my competition rifle chambered in that round, either ,, even though it can be extreamly accurate. Consider this,,,, there's one source of brass currently. Sometimes its available sometimes it "out of stock". It'd be the s@(%^ to have the rifle built and wait for two months on ammo/brass. In this day and age, plan ahead.......:D Besides all of that, isn't your Douglas barrel a .30 caliber? Your going to have a hell of a time chambering a 7mm cartridge in a .30 caliber barrel! Reading comprehension in this thread is terrible! Must all be products of our public education system!
LOL
Can we get someone to sponsor a R.I.F. program as a stcky ? Please.

Barrel life shouldn't even be a consideration with a big game hunting rifle. The 7STW is a might large IMO for a varmint rig, and I don't think I'd want to have my competition rifle chambered in that round, either ,, even though it can be extreamly accurate. Consider this,,,, there's one source of brass currently. Sometimes its available sometimes it is "out of stock". It'd be the s@(%^ to have the rifle built and wait for two months on ammo/brass. In this day and age, plan ahead.......:D Besides all of that, isn't your Douglas barrel a .30 caliber? Your going to have a hell of a time chambering a 7mm cartridge in a .30 caliber barrel! Reading comprehension in this thread is terrible! Must all be products of our public education system!
Yes it is a 30 cal.It was suppose to be a joke because a 7MM STW was brought up and a 7 MM would be a loose fit.Thus longer barrel life

It was suppose to be a joke.It is a 30 cal.7MM STW was brought on an earlier thread.A 7MM would not touch all the lands going down the barrel thus extending barrel life My fault for trying to be funny

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.