Does "Shooter" app need service

Did you even read the spec sheet link (other features)? I'm sitting in my office and the barometric reading is 25.55 inHg, my kestrel sitting along side says 25.58 and my phone is in airplane mode and no Wi-Fi so you tell me how does my phone know if it doesn't have any sensors?

Really..so if you are driving along in your car, or sitting on the couch watching a game and you look at your phone, what temp and humidity does it give you ?????

I will give you a hint......it is whatever the signal it recives from the nearest weather station tells it to be!

I did some research into the S4. Only in the S-4 did they have a rudementry tmometer, but was all but usless. It was good for letting you know if your battery was over heating. Those sensors are all gone now on the S-5.

The S5 still has the barometer sensor but the temp and humidity sensors are gone.

My point is this....you take the one phone on the planet that ever had these sensors (which have now been discontinued) out in your office...... and it works.

Now...real world...... You are in the field. It's 5 degrees F outside. You take your smart phone out of your INNER MOST pocket (to keep them warm) because that is where you need to store them if your want the battery to last......hold the phone out for a few min while the phone and its sensor cool off enough to get any kind of real world reading, and you might get a correct reading. If you have an Otter Box you can double the time.

On the other hand, you take your Kestrol from around your neck and hold it up to get the wind reading. By the time you dope the wind you now have the EXACT temp and PSI simply by pressing a button.

Yep..you are correct...the old S4 had these sensors, but they were worthless in the real (hunting) world....which is why they no longer exist on the new phones.

Just saying. :D

PS..I had an S4...my kids still have them, and they are GREAT phones. I actually prefered my S4 , but that may be due my inabillaty to fully grasp all of gadgets on my S-5. But, I'll get there!!

I was just responding to your statement that all phones were getting their weather information from the closest weather station, which is wrong. The S5 has a barometer sensor and the
new IPhone 6 has one too. I have a thermometer attached to my zipper on my coat so I can use my phone for barometer and humidity readings, I do it all the time when practicing. While hunting I use my phone and my Kestrel. I was just clarifying that some phones actually have the ability to give you actual readings at your location and not just closest weather station readings. :)

Humidity.....I have never worried about hunidity.

The reason......

210 vld @ 2980. Humidity......78% . Drop at 1500 = 48.2 MOA .

Everything exactly the same EXCEPT humidity..at 38% .....Drop at 1500...48.2 MOA.

ZERO change...Confermed on both my Infinity I6 and Shooter Program..

You're right, it doesn't make much difference but the Shooter app asks for it so I enter it anyway. Carry on, I will bow out of this one, you got me.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.