Does anyone like the 8-32x56 NXS Nightforce?

I'm pretty sure Nightforce has always used Japanese glass...But don't hold me to that, b/c they very well could have recently switched, without me hearing about it.

I think it is a recent change from my contacts here at Lightforce.

I've ran both the 5.5-22x56 and the 8-32x56.
The glass is exactly the same, of course you'll lose light as you zoom in beyond 22x...and you'll have less elevation adjustment, but as stated, if you run a canted mount it shouldn't be an issue unless you're running a weapon that needs it.

I've taken my 8-32 out to a mile with my 300 SAUM, but I moved it over to my 243WSSM because I'll never run out on that weapon system. The range I can reach with the optic extends the accurate range of the gun.

The 5.5-22 on the 300 SAUM ensures I'll not run out of elevation before I run out of elevation before I lose accuracy at range.

For a lot of calibers...it's a perfect choice.

Got the 8-32 today...mounted it...went outside....did not shoot the gun...but i like this scope....

at 925 yards...22-32 zoom really brought things closer. Mirage was not bad at all...very little increase from 22-32.

eye relief was good also...better on 22x...but comfortable at 32.

Can someone tell me what the R stands for on the power ring? Also...any other tips for these nightforce scopes?

Thanks

i plan to read the owners manual this time...i did not on the 22x

I imagine 'R' would be for ranging power setting. As in reticle ranging

Correct.

If you want to range with the reticule...you need to do it on the "R" zoom power, or know the math to convert it at the rest of the zoom range.
Zooming back down to 11x for example, makes it easy. Your reticle measurement is just 2x what it would normally be at the prescribed "R"

Part of the reason people prefer the 5.5-22x is because you can range at full 22x... 1/2 power (or 11x) and also at 1/4 power (or 5.5x) and it's easy to convert in your head.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.