does anyone have loading data for 243 berger bullets?

telkev

I'm looking for some good loading data for my daughters 243. I'm thinking of trying the 115 grain match vld's. Does anyone have any data for this?

You can pretty much use Sierra load data for similar weights in Berger. Just a couple things to remember. The Bergers especially the VLD's usually like to be jammed pretty tight in the lands for best accuracy. Another thing to consider is the Berger VLD's have a shorter bearing surface than the Sierra's so they will take a LITTLE more powder than the manual says, except that they want to be jammed and that negates the lessor bearing surface trade off. Hope that makes sense.

Bring your 243 back next time we shoot. We will load some at the bench and see of they leave round holes, but I suspect that BuffaloBob is right. I am heading out to the barn to prep your wsm brass and load up all the crap I am taking to independance tomorrow. See you in the AM.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.