Do you remember the first centerfire rifle you fired and do you reload for that caliber today?

C-130 Dude

The first rifle I ever fired was a 375HH. I was 10 years old. It almost took my arm and shoulder off. The bruises were massive, taking weeks to heal. But the grin on my face never wore off. My buddy's dad showed me how to fire it after a lot of instruction. I already had 3 years of proficiency on a .22, but the 375HH was my first centerfire. When I turned 24, I got one of my own. I still reload for it today and will never get rid of it. 66 years passes quickly.

Last edited:
yup a 280 ai and for 35 yrs it was the only rifle i used for biggame
i still have it but for the last 12 yrs ive switched to the 6.5cm and 143 eld x
and yes i reload for both calibers along with a few other non magnums
280 rem,7/08,22-250ai 260 terminator, 30/30 winchester ,35 remington
22&25 creedmoor & 38-55

Last edited:
My Dad's Tanker Garand reweld in 30-06 when I was 9 years old in 1965, out in the open against the foothills at what is now the range at Santa Clara Sportman's Park. We went to shoot his mint Model 52A Winchester .22, and he let me put a clip through the Garand. It had been prettied up with a Grade 5 reblue and new stock with poly finish (no combat finishes on that one) and to me was the most beautiful rifle in the world. I have two Garands now and of course reload for them.

Last edited:
My dad bought me a 300 Savage when I was 11 ,I used it to kill many deer and a couple Elk.
Then I bought myself a 30-06,then a 7 Mag. then a 300Mag
The Savage rested in the safe for years,this past winter I found a set of dies on Ebay.
A VX2 3X9 was resting on a shelf,found a box of bullets at Murdochs and I was off and running.
Reloading plinking loads for it.
Never noticed how bad the trigger was back then!

The first rifle I ever fired was a 375HH. I was 10 years old. It almost took my arm and shoulder off. The bruises were massive, taking weeks to heal. But the grin on my face never wore off. My buddy's dad showed me how to fire it after a lot of instruction. I already had 3 years of proficiency on a .22, but the 375HH was my first centerfire. When I turned 24, I got one of my own. I still reload for it today and will never get rid of it.
Pretty much the same here except I did it all on my own as my father was not a big hunter but a 30 ought six was my first centerfire rifle purchased and fired and yes I still reload for that same rifle today

1968 I bought my first rifle: Savage 110C .270Win, still have today, countless deer with it. Rebarreled in 2018 as nice upgrade to SS barrel and 24" versus OEM 22". That was my first try at installing a barrel and it was life changing since I have "assembled" 2 complete rifles since then.