Do Nosler Partitions Group Well at High Velocity?

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107796

I got my first elk with an off the shelf Federal Premium 150gn NP in 270Win, as it grouped rather well at the range and ended up performing flawlessly in the field. When I started reloading however, I noticed that I could not quite get them to group as well as other bullets, without taking a bit off of the velocity and figured it was due to concentricity issues with such a bullet structure.

What are your experiences with getting the NP to group well? thanks

I have loaded for a friend's 338 wm and it was the only bullet I tried that would group well. They were at about 2820 mv if I remember correctly.
+1
BB.jpg

Some of my guns group them great at just about any speed. Some of them don't group quite as well,but plenty good enough for normal hunting ranges. Unless trying to shoot at long ranges i can live with just a little less accuracy for a bullet that I know can handle any job it needs to.

Flat based bullets are very accurate to reasonable ranges, the boat tail bullets will have Higher BCs because of their shape and therefore more accurate at longer distances.

Lots of bench rest shooters use flat base bullets and many use the partition.

The partition type bullets are capable of extreme velocities and are not prone to jacket separation at high velocities, Much like the bonded core bullets.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.