Dilemma: 6mm AI vs 6x284 vs 25-06 AI

I'm leaning toward the 6mmAI. Don't have much experience with forming much brass but I was looking into the 6mm-06ai. How much work would it be to form brass for this round using 30-06 lapua brass?

Probably a PITA, you'll more than likely have to turn the necks, which sux.... Fireforming is very straight forward & most of the time good accuracy can be had. In the case of the 06ai, i'd probably go the corn meal method to increase bbl life.
Technically speaking, you could probably use Nosler 280AI brass & neck down the 1mm to 6mm.... you shouldn't have to turn necks then & the ackley shoulder is already formed.

t

Comparing ballistics between the 6mmAI and the 25-06AI with 115 Bergers, The 6mm will shine brighter and better at long range due to the higher BC. The 25-06AI will be faster and flatter trajectory at close/med. range. Almost kinda 6's IMO. The nice thing about the 6mm's is that even the 105-107 bullets beat most common 25 caliber bullets in BC.

I love the AI cartridges. Have a 22-250AI, (2) 6X47 Lapua AI, 243AI, 6mmAI, and have had (2) 25-06's.....still have one.

6-284 has always been intriguing to me, but I've never yet had one. It's probably the least efficient and fastest barrel burner of them all though.
I just necked down a 7.7x58 jap to 6mm then moved the shoulder angle to 40* and blew it out to .460 on the shoulders. Has greater case capacity than the 6x284 with a bit longer neck so it will help save the throat. Now I just need to start loading for it. Trying to come up with a name for it but it holds 6 more gr of powder than the 6mm AI.

...how about NONE YOU LISTED !! A 6-dasher will handle any coyote out to 500 yards without a problem..much easier on barrels, none you listed will never equal a Dasher for accuracy anyday....use your head, not your heart.

I've got a 243 that I have finished and I love it. I was looking to go with something a little different. I am looking to load with 105 -115 grain an want to try something different than the 243. Kinda kicking around a 260 but want to get some experienced opinions.
The 260 is fantastic. You would not regret it. With the whole pallet of 6.5 bullets available it is very versatile, cheap to shoot, easy on barrels, mild mannered, quality brass availability, and a deer hammer well past 500 yards. You don't need to have a man-bun either. It also is very easy to load for with a very wide range of useable powders that perform well. For your application mid-weight bullets in the 120 to 135 grain range really shine in the 260.