digital scales

Paulstarr

My experience with digital scales is always be dubious with the load cell regardless of the scale product manufacturer,most cells are made in China and are not as accurate as most people think, especially with regard to calibration.the test is easy, calibrate the scale with the supplied test weights,then zero the scale, leave the scale for 20 mins and then come back and see what the scale says if it still says zero buy it.If not always back up your loads on a beam scale.Beam scales tell the truth.I have a battery powered trickler that is controlled by a photo electric light cell that fits over your beam scale, you set your beam scale to zero then put the sensor over the beam switch on and lower the sensor on the vertical thread till it breaks the light beam and the trickler stops.I use digital scale to within half a grain of the load I want then finish with the trickler.Beam scales don't tell fibs.It is called Target Master,the guy's name is Alan and he builds them to order, you can find him on the net in the UK.