dies for 300 ultra need advise

stxhunter

i'm looking at buying some dies for my 300 ultra been looking at the redding type s match die sets which would you guys who reload for this cal. recomend the full lenght set or neck sizing set thanks

Hi get the Redding Comp Seater and the Type S bushing Full length Die. Use the full length die every time and bump the shoulder about 1 thou each time this will ensure you get your best case life and also you should not have any troubles with feeding or extraction. if you have any trouble with getting the projectiles staying in place under recoil use a smaler bushing and if that does not work buy a Lee factory crimp die and give them a small crimp. Do not use your expander button when sizing you may need it to make the new cases round before preping them and chamfering the necks then replace it with the small black collet that holds the decaping pin onto the decaping rod and you will not strech the cases as much and will have more consistant handloads.

Cheers Bill
Austrlaia

thanks for the advise i'll get the full lenght dies. Hope i have better luck during rifle season had a bobcat come and sit right under my tree stand as four deer where starting to come into range needless to say they didnt come close enough for a shot with my bow only have pinns out to 40 yrd can't wait to try out the 300 rum on some long shots thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.