Did i just mess up 3k worth of ammo doing this?

Over time it might pull the magic smoke out of the powder which would then render it useless.
Similar to electric motors and other devices. If the magic smoke comes out of the electric motor there is a good chance it won't ever run again.
Yep, I can attest to this phenomenon myself, mostly with wires, once the magic smoke is released nothing is the same anymore.

Over time it might pull the magic smoke out of the powder which would then render it useless

once the magic smoke is released nothing is the same anymore
Magic smoke? lol The only thing that I ever heard remotely close to this was in a cheech & Chong movie in the 80's

Best I can comment is.....sounds like more internet BS from stupid people. Ignorant would not make the specific claims....I means stupid. They just feel they have to spout off something instead of nothing or saying I dont know.

Magic smoke? lol The only thing that I ever heard remotely close to this was in a cheech & Chong movie in the 80's
Magic Smoke, is a real thing which can also, over time, leak out of a magneto and render it useless. When restoring an MG its best to order the wiring harness smoke directly from Lucas Electrics in England, that's only way to keep the rig all Original.

Hello guys, today i thought to vacuum seal most of my ammo since they can't stay in the same humidity and temperature controlled room where all my guns are. I thought it was nothing to worry about but then i read here and there that this practice could ruin ammo, dispiaciuto primers or bullets or deforming the brass. Deforming the brass with such a low negative pressure seems unlikely but what about the other two possible issues?

to me all this sounds like BS honestly

The vacuum sealer is a kitchen amazon bought one, with a power of just -50 KPA (-0.5 bar or -7.25 PSI).

Thanks!
I agree with others here. As a matter of fact I just bought some factory-new ammo that came in a vacuum sealed bag.

So I assume there are laws that say that you can't keep guns and ammo together???????
Not exactly, laws say that everything must be stored in a safe. I have too many guns and too few safes in the only humidity controlled room in the house to store also ammo in there so i use another safe in another room for ammo.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, it seems like my ammo are perfectly fine as i thought. Yes, you read a lot of BS on forums, ypu should check the italian hunting ones, it is like an asylum! I should do a thread about it actually

No sweat, no big deal,nothing to ooze out & screw up things. Powder is treated with acid neutralizing compound like CaCo3 to prevent/delay/inhibit/stall progressive acidic deterioration. Vacuum pack would prevent oxidation of exterior surfaces. Rest easy!

I like Italian food other stuff but I think these guys would like fast speedy loads of 5,000 fps or 1524 meter per second velocities, like fast racy red cars.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, it seems like my ammo are perfectly fine as i thought. Yes, you read a lot of BS on forums, ypu should check the italian hunting ones, it is like an asylum! I should do a thread about it actually
Don't worry. I have a few cases of 30-06 from the Korea era that were in a flooded basement for a long time then sat for a decade. They still go bang!!! You are fine!!!

Not exactly, laws say that everything must be stored in a safe. I have too many guns and too few safes in the only humidity controlled room in the house to store also ammo in there so i use another safe in another room for ammo.
I would hate that. Most I know leave them loaded in the pickup, kitchen, back porch etc.