Did I just luck out!?!?!?!?

jpbaker

Hi all,

I live in NB Canada, like 15 min from the border.

I recently ordered a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40SF BDC for my 300wm.

I went over today to pick it up at my friends place. I have heard all of the horrer stories that you can have your scopes siezed at the border cuz you have no export lic. I wasent worred cuz I cross at a small crossing and have never, i repeat, NEVEREVER, EVER, EVER, been searched by the US while trying to leaving the US.

So, im driving up to the border, scope is in the trunk, and 2 border control officers run out and flag me down before I get to the Canadian border. So now im like DOH!!!

I stop, one runs me through the standard questions that they always ask on both sides, while the other goes though my trunk. Guy slams my truck come up to the window and says "You have a nice scope son" then they walk away.

Now, did I just luck out, or wuz I worried over nothing?lightbulb

JPB

You may very well have.
but they do import the scope you have to your country so Its possible it was legal
to my knowledge there is only very few scopes which you would not be able to take across the border mostly NV stuff and anything the military uses again i am not sure of the law regarding this.

You are so freeking lucky..if it was the Soo they would have your ***,
I bought a used car in Flint and drove into Ontario, they flaged me over to the yellow lines
and went through the seats and found a few seeds. And they wanted my Nova bad, I told them and showed them my purchase dates, they sent me north and warned me to clean my car as soon as I can.
Ya! you lucked out.. I have brought a few scopes north and its like Christmas when I hit Wawa.

Yeah, ok so now im feeling pretty lucky after reading those couple posts...lol...

Good thing it was the old guy that looked in the trunk and not the 20-25 yr old guy that acted like he wanted to prove a point eh?

or maybe, they were actually "looking for something" and couldnt be bothered.

:)

Either way, I will count it a blessing and enjoy my scope!!!!!gun)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.