Did I make a good choice ?

Overkill338

I picked up a new scope for my .300 RUM Sendero. It is a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 Target. I've always wanted a Zeiss, and I think 10 will be plenty for me to shoot to 500-600 yards until I learn a little more about wind drift, and the 3.5 will let me hunt with it too.

It has the #58 ZRF Recticle

Zeiss_Sendero.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a conquest 4.5x14x44 with the rapid Z-800 reticule. The glass is clear and crisp. I am very happy with it so far - only 100 or so rounds fired so far.

Yes you made a good choice.

A friend of mine bought a 3.5-10 and sent it in to have turrets installed...great scope, for 600 and beyond.

I don't know much about the Zeiss Conquest scope but have heard good things about it. I think you made a good choice in the power range though. I think a lot of fella's overpower their scopes especially if it's not a dedicated long range rifle. For elk and mule deer 10 power works very well to 800 yards or so. The 3.5 will work really well in the timber or for short and medium range moving shots. I'm in the process of putting together a long range carry rifle and 10 power is the max for the scope I have chosen for it.

Thanks guys. I am blown away at how clear this scope is ! I've just always used Bushnells and Simmmons. I have that one Leupold VX-II, but I believe my Conquest blows it away in the clarity deparment.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.