Determining LOP for Rifle Stock?

Ingwe

I am ready to order a new Manners stock but I am not positive about my LOP.
My rifle has a stock 13.5 and back when I was doing allot of bird shooting I had a fitting done with a Try Gun and it was determined that my LOP was 15.25".
So I guess that mr correct rifle pull is so where in between.
The 13.5 always felt a bit short, but with a scoped rifle my shotgun dimention will be too long so I am wondering what the norm is.
Whatdaya think??

My rifle has a stock 13.5 and back when I was doing allot of bird shooting I had a fitting done with a Try Gun and it was determined that my LOP was 15.25".
The 13.5 always felt a bit short, but with a scoped rifle my shotgun dimention will be too long so I am wondering what the norm is.
Whatdaya think??

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/measuring-lop-length-pull-145304/

I didn't see a video but I looked at the pictures...Thank You!

That was really a big help...Thanks Again for that!

I think that I should be about 14.25"

Whatdaya think??
Measure from the crotch of your elbow to the trigger finger in the same position it would be in when firing a rifle.

That'll get you very close to dead on.

You can also just set a rifle but in the crotch of your elbow and try fingering the trigger. If you can reach it comfortably you have the right LOP if not, add/subtract as needed to get you there.

That's how I was taught on shotguns and it seems to hold pretty true for rifles as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.