Denver Metro Area

The only places I know of are either the Pawnee grasslands (just get a good map, find a spot, & shoot), Pawnee Sportsmans Club (200 yard range, semi-private, 30 min east of FtC on Hwy 14), and there is supposedly a place near Bennett but can't remember the name and have never been there.

I belong to the Golden Gun Club which has a range at the Watkins exit off I-70 east of Denver. 100-200-300-400-500 (might be off a little) berms. Not "real" long range but will get your loads tested for accuracy

Mule

Pawnee is prety good, I like to shoot there, there is a makeshift berm for shooting, plus you can shoot anywhere safe, ocasional chance for the yotes as well out there. Beware there are a few jerks (nearby land owners & hunters) that will harass you for shooting out there trying to tell you that you cant etc..... However it is a NF and perfectly legal to shoot.

Colorado Rifle Club outside Byers, Co.

Any kind of range you can imagine out to 1000 yards.
It can get windy however.
It's a great place to shoot.

Information provided by Mr. Reaper

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.