Denver Metro Area

Discussion in 'Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot' started by justgoharder, May 5, 2007.

1. justgoharder

justgoharder Well-Known Member

anybody want to share some good shooting spots or ranges close to the Golden area??? Thanks!

2. Supermag

Supermag Well-Known Member

The only places I know of are either the Pawnee grasslands (just get a good map, find a spot, & shoot), Pawnee Sportsmans Club (200 yard range, semi-private, 30 min east of FtC on Hwy 14), and there is supposedly a place near Bennett but can't remember the name and have never been there.

3. Mule

Mule Well-Known Member

I belong to the Golden Gun Club which has a range at the Watkins exit off I-70 east of Denver. 100-200-300-400-500 (might be off a little) berms. Not "real" long range but will get your loads tested for accuracy

Mule

4. mixerdriverm

mixerdriverm Active Member

Pawnee is prety good, I like to shoot there, there is a makeshift berm for shooting, plus you can shoot anywhere safe, ocasional chance for the yotes as well out there. Beware there are a few jerks (nearby land owners & hunters) that will harass you for shooting out there trying to tell you that you cant etc..... However it is a NF and perfectly legal to shoot.

5. LostInSpace278

LostInSpace278 Well-Known Member

Colorado Rifle Club outside Byers, Co.

Any kind of range you can imagine out to 1000 yards.
    It can get windy however.
    It's a great place to shoot.

Information provided by Mr. Reaper

6. Ray Prager

Ray Prager Well-Known Member

Tanner Gun Show this weekend ... Dec 6/7
    ..Anybody going?
    I'll be there Sat ... morning
    thanks