Delete

Does your RCBS primer not have the white "small primer" insert? Mine came with two inserts, black for large and white for small, each with a seating stem.

I'll be honest, I don't really like how you're having to handle each individual primer with your fingers with the K+M. My hands wouldn't be up to a long loading session of doing each individually.

rcbs hand primer.jpg

Last edited:
Does your RCBS primer not have the white "small primer" insert? Mine came with two inserts, black for large and white for small, each with a seating stem.

I'll be honest, I don't really like how you're having to handle each individual primer with your fingers with the K+M. My hands wouldn't be up to a long loading session of doing each individually.

View attachment 296213
Mine must be an old model because it didn't come with that. I have had it for probably 12 years. It's definitely not the fastest tool. But the feel of it is so much better.

Call RCBS and ask them if they can hook you up with the parts, all it is is a white plastic insert, small primer stem, and a little wrench deal to swap out the stems. Even if you like the K+M better overall that would get you an option for higher volume priming without spending anything should you ever need it.

I like K+M in general, I will say that the primer seating depth option for that tool looks very interesting. I watched the entire K+M video after yours and he goes over both models. I was going back and forth between 21st Century and CPS when I was looking to upgrade from my RCBS recently, the CPS won out for several reasons, but a big one is because it's not a handheld. I'm not all that old, but my hands just aren't up to priming that way anymore. Greg does a great spiel about priming, I learned more in 20 minutes on the phone with him than I thought there was to know about priming.

Last edited:
Call RCBS and ask them if they can hook you up with the parts, all it is is a white plastic insert, small primer stem, and a little wrench deal to swap out the stems. Even if you like the K+M better overall that would get you an option for higher volume priming without spending anything should you ever need it.

I like K+M in general, I will say that the primer seating depth option for that tool looks very interesting. I watched the entire K+M video after yours and he goes over both models. I was going back and forth between 21st Century and CPS when I was looking to upgrade from my RCBS recently, the CPS won out mainly because it's not a handheld. I'm not all that old, but my hands just aren't up to priming that way anymore. Greg does a great spiel about priming, I learned more in 20 minutes on the phone with him than I thought there was to know about priming.
Good to know! I always felt like my rcbs tool was lacking. I'll get ahold of them and then I'll redo my review of the KM just to keep it fair and accurate

Sorry to totally derail the K+M part of the review 🤣

(shameless plug to make up for it) I just got a flash hole uniformer in the mail from them today, looks great next to the neck turning kit from them.