Dehass vault #2 rifle build

oscer

Hi fellas, I was reading an old thread about folks who built the DeHass vault #2 rifle. The forum said since it was an old thread to start a new one .
I'm in the early steps of squaring up the receiver blank, and I was wondering if it as beneficial to single point the barrel thread or is it reasonable to use a tap?
I'll probably have more question s as this project proceeds if there're are folks out there who have built one and are willing to chime in I am all ears.

Single point. Then make a 'facing cut' while in the same set-up. Threaded hole (for the barrel shank) 90 deg. to the face. Before you make that set-up, make yourself a gage for the threaded hole. It is difficult to get a tap to start perfectly straight. The set-ups are time consuming and can be complicated. I'd make 2. You'll have a 'back-up' for when and if you make a not repairable mistake on the first one.

You could also single point, but not to size. Use the tap for a 'finish pass'. Thread size would be 'repeatable'. The tap would follow the single pointed threads. But if you had previously made the gage........

I'm back in the shop , setting up the mill to drill and bore the breach block hole . reading the text, it says drill at 3*. So I'm thinking tan. of 3* = .0524.
.0524 x 2.5 (width of receiver) = .131" . If you measure the drawings figures 3-5, 3-7 and 3-8, you come up with roughly .05 total slant top to bottom. which is 1.19*. any thoughts?