Vaultlock FM2 Build

dusty61

Hi Guy`s,

I just bought a Vaultlock FM2 rifle in 6mmBR off a guy who built it in 98. Very well done by a very skilled hand. My question is, If a person was to get another one built, what might the cost be to do it?? I know the barrel choice would be a slight factor. Anyone else have one here?

dusty61

Here are some pics :)

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc514/dusty611/

Last edited:
The Vault Lock actions were designed by Frank & Mark DeHaas as 'home workshop' projects for the skilled craftsman. There is still a book available titled " Mr. Single Shots' Book of Rifle Plans" by Frank & Mark DeHaas. I know Brownells still has this cataloged. As far as getting one built, anyone who makes actions that will be for sale will need to have a FFL manufactures license, and will need a 'block' of serial numbers issued by ATFE. I highly recommend the book, even if you don't have the skills or desire to build the actions. There are NO pre-inletted or drop-in stocks for any of the actions described in the book. To build any of these requires machining/machine tool knowledge and much hand work and hand fitting. What you have is someones blood, sweat, and tears,,,,,,,, their treasure!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.