Deer @ 575 Yards

7mmRemMag

I out did myself yesterday evening and broke my previous record of 415yards. I dropped a deer yesterday @ 575 yards. Shot him with my 300 win. Mag Rem 700 Sendero and the 175gr. Sierra Match King. There are very few feelings in this world like hearing a hit! and seeing a deer buckle through your scope after the recoil of your rifle! Especially at that distance. It seems like slow motion or something. I am so excited!

Unfortunately no. We got it all on video. But when I got home last night to capture all the footage to my computer, the stupid tape wouldn't play. I don't know if the camcorder broke or if I can't see what recorded cause it needs to be cleaned, or if it just didn't record! Man that bugged me last night for sure!

Thanks guys,

I could only imagine how it feels when I could shoot at some of the ranges that I know some of you all do.... One day I'll get there. I figure I need to stay consistant at these other ranges first though. gun)

Congrats. I haven't shot anything out that far yet. My farthest is around 400 yards as was your previous best too. Sorry about your luck with the camera. At least you didn't have that luck with the shooting. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.