Decisions decisions

Most common caliber used on elk? I don't know one person in Idaho that uses a 6.5. There are some, sure, but it is not the most common here.
I do (from idaho) and I have several buddies that use them in one flavor or another - 264 wm, 6.5x284, 6.5-06, 6.5 PRC, 260, 6.5 CM and one dude that uses a 6.5-300wby. They are all elk slayers.

I do (from idaho) and I have several buddies that use them in one flavor or another - 264 wm, 6.5x284, 6.5-06, 6.5 PRC, 260, 6.5 CM and one dude that uses a 6.5-300wby. They are all elk slayers.
As I said, it's just my way of thinking. I've never seen the "Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation" endorse a 6.5 bullet. But I had some .308" 200 grain Partitions that had it, as well as 225 and 250 .338" Partitions, and even 160's in .284".

How are they qualified to endorse or recommend a bullet? I didnt even know that they did that...honestly I doubt they would endorse the bullets I kill them with in the 300 rum and wby, let alone the 6.5's.
This is the run down now. Basically Nosler donates proceeds to the RMEF, and they put their logo on the Nosler boxes.
Screenshot_20200109-215626_Samsung Internet.jpg

See, even Nosler thinks a 6.5 is too small :D

Well if you go on Noslers site and put the selector on elk and moose size game 6.5 Creed is on the first page.
Shep
The use of the emoji should have told you I was having fun with it.

I've fired .357 SIG ammo in my 10mm barrel. Does it work? Sure does! Is it the right thing to do ? Not a chance. :D:D:D

They also list 243 and 22nosler. Those are surely gonna get it done. When a company puts 22 Nosler on their selection for elk and moose can you really believe the rest of what they say.
Shep

They also list 243 and 22nosler. Those are surely gonna get it done. When a company puts 22 Nosler on their selection for elk and moose can you really believe the rest of what they say.
Shep

Nosler must feel real confident in the 6.5 Creed. It's number 2 on the list for dangerous game.
Shep
Company recommendations can be all over the map sadly. They don't seem to stick to any sort of pattern or system. When I started talking to Hornady about the ELD-X, that was over the screwed up suggested uses on their site. The ELD-X wasn't recommended for Dangerous Game but the Interlock was in the .30s and .33s. That's why I just get a kick out of it, and post things like that. I mean seriously, who would choose a 210 Partition for Elk in a .338, when you have the 225 Accubond ? The 180 in the .308" guns, instead of the 200 Accubond or even the 210 Accubond LR?

...but if you can get away with a 150 in a .270 Wimpchester, a 210 from a .33 should knock out the Elks soul, and vaporize it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.