Decent Scope for .22 NRL & PRS

Blueridgeguy

Good afternoon, does anyone have any recommendations or experience with scope models that would work for 22 NRL & PRS at a reasonable price point? Maybe $500 & under and $500-$1,000. I'm interested in giving it a try and also can use it for more trigger time practice here at home. I've got steel up to 200 yards from the yard. I've been trying to research but haven't found much info at that cost. Thank you!

They track reliably and repeatable and have quality optics. IMO, for the money, they are difficult to beat.
FEATURES
  • HD Glass: HD Glass gives you better light transmission, brighter, and sharper image.
  • Non Illuminated Reticle: The non illuminated reticle provides greater visibility during dusk and dawn and other low ambient light environment.
  • First Focal Plane Reticle: First focal plane reticle stays valid at all power settings allowing you to fully utilize the specially designed reticle that shrinks or grows along with your target as you zoom in or out. The reticle offers quick target engagement at low power while offering precise holdover positions with finer details.
  • Etched Glass Reticle: Reticle etched on the glass that provides excellent backing support for complex reticle design and offers great durability and much higher shock resistance to recoil
  • Advanced Fully Multicoated: Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses
  • XPL Coating: XPL Coating gives you an extra protection on the exterior lenses from dirt, oil and scratches or anything else mother nature can throw at you.
  • Precision Zero Stop System: The system allows you to lock down your zero position and dial back to it with a sharp and precise stop right at your zero mark even you are turning it in pitch-dark or blinded folded.
  • High Precision Erector System: The high precision erector system processed by high precision CNC machine with +/- 0.0001mm tolerance level to provide you the most accurate power settings and smoothest magnification change
  • Aircraft Grade Aluminum: The aircraft grade aluminum tube that has exceptional strength and superior mechanical integrity will protect these world class optics no matter what punishment you throw at it.
  • Direct Dial Elevation Turret: Exposed Direct Dial Turret for elevation allows you to quickly make adjustment as you needed and engage your target within a blink of your eyes
  • Capped Windage Turret: Capped Turret assures you that your zero on the windage is always there and gives you the flexibility to dial as well after taking off the cap
  • One Piece Tube Construction: Heat treated one piece tube gives the scope extra strength over multi-piece tubes. A one piece tube also is better at keeping moisture out thus keeping your scope fog proof for the life of the product
  • Waterproof: Waterproof to protect the scope in the harshest weather conditions or if accidently submerged underwater
  • Fog proof: Fog proof to allow you to immediately engage your target when you take your rifle to cold ambient temperature from warm inside
  • Shockproof: Robust mechanical system with special designs on both control and erector system that give you the ultimate recoil resistance to withstand 1000G recoil for 1000 times.
  • Argon Purged: Argon Purging uses the inertia gas with bigger size molecules to purge any moisture out of the tube giving you better waterproofing and thermal stability.

In bought an Athlon HMR from Doug and it's a fantastic scope especially for the price. Make sure you get a scope that has a parallax that's can go down to 15 yards. 10 is better

Good afternoon, does anyone have any recommendations or experience with scope models that would work for 22 NRL & PRS at a reasonable price point? Maybe $500 & under and $500-$1,000. I'm interested in giving it a try and also can use it for more trigger time practice here at home. I've got steel up to 200 yards from the yard. I've been trying to research but haven't found much info at that cost. Thank you!
Bushnell Forge 4.5-27×50 Deploy Mil or Deploy MOA would also work well. Just keep in mind that you'll have about 11 mil of elevation after zeroing at 100yds...
So using the reticle is necessary for those really long shots at 300+
Take care

Vortex scopes have several styles look at those

Strike eagle ffp. Paralax adjusts down closer than many scopes and it has a decent amount of vertical travel. Both of which you need for RF prs. Retical is pretty good too.

FYI, I am looking at an NRL build as well and if you want to compete in cost limited class the costs are not actual but MSRP. So for instance I got a great deal on a Bushnell Forge FFP but MSRP us over $600 so can't use it. As was mentioned the short parallax and a FFP tree reticle are priority. Vortex Diamondback Tactical appears a popular choice, as do the Athlon. Not a long list with the features you need in the right price point, especially if you want 20x and up.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.