deal or no deal price of Ar lower

clemens

Quick question, found a AR lower sat that I assume us in the .223 category for 175.00$ NIB what you guys thunk . I forgot brand of lower, but was curious if lowers fall into category of you get what you pay for. Is 175 to low indicating cheap reciever? New to Ar's just curious and thinking of possibilities. Thanks for any info. If I get over to where I seen it I will post brand this weekend.

Aluminum or polymer? Fully machined I am assuming. Is it complete? Or stripped? Depending on brand/manufacturer the price may be just about right to a little high. I recently picked up 2 stripped lowers for under $200 direct from manufacturer

$175 for a stripped upper is over priced for ANYTHING other than billet.

If it's complete, that's probably about on par...but I'd much rather pick my own grip, stock, trigger and trigger pins on my own.

It is stripped no grip need lower kit pond trigger etc.. by looks of it and looks of it black anadized. I will look as soon as possible

Depending on the brand that price can be right on for a stripped lower. They range from 80.00 to over 300.00 depending on quality and the company who makes it, and of course where you buy it. So without knowing brand etc it could be a good price.

There are several name brand quality stripped lowers that retail in the $120-$140 range. Rock River and Stag are 2 that come to mind. Even JP Enterprises stripped lowers are priced around what you are being asked to pay. Searching Brownells will give you a very good idea of what you should pay.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.