Para Ordnance Lower

I've never built one from the ground up. My intensions are a 6x45. I'm figuring that will give something to do this winter. I retired in 07 and finally run out of things to do, as in i'm getting bored. I assume when you say being in spec your talking of tolerances? Where do i find those. I just ordered Zedikers book.

I've never built one from the ground up. My intensions are a 6x45. I'm figuring that will give something to do this winter. I retired in 07 and finally run out of things to do, as in i'm getting bored. I assume when you say being in spec your talking of tolerances? Where do i find those. I just ordered Zedikers book.

I'm sure its fine, send the book back you wont need it there are a zillion youtube vids on this its very simple.

Gary,

Second opinion here; Keep the Zediker book, it's invaluable, especially for a first time builder. Glen's a proven source, and is a good builder himself. The books packed with large, very clear pictures that will guid you through every step of the build, illustrate various options, and discuss why you may or may not want to choose one over the other. Lots of good ideas in there.

The 6x45's a great little cartridge, especially for a hunter. Little bit more punch that a standard 223 for game, but not really as good a cartridge for long range use, considering the .224" bullets that are available today. Very easy to load, and you can form cases without even realizing you're doing it. Good choice here.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts