David Tubb talking Sierra bullets, ES etc

Jerry,
If you don't mind could you explain what the problem was with the 240's. Feel free to email me if you want to.
Thanks,
Wayne

Too bad that the "best" commerical match bullet has such poor quality control issues.

I have run into the same thing with a batch of 240gr MK. For what you are spending, you would expect better performance. At least Sierra, replaced my box but wouldn't consider all the powder and components I used up figuring out their bullets were the problem.

That is why I lean so heavily towards the Hornady line of poly tipped bullets. Those tips are uniform and consistently installed. Haven't done all the measuring but since these Hunting bullets can shoot under 1/4MOA in my rifles, I am happy.

Sierra has to improve or they are not going to be the gold standard for much longer. Sounds a lot like a US scope company we hear so much about.

Jerry

BH--i got some of them special 6.5 CR,s the other day too--now just gotta get the gun together
grin.gif

Brent, et al--the size of the holes on the checker tools (buhay and stoney point. Are nearer .300 than .308. the idea behind this (explained to me by John Buhay) is measuring the bearing surface on the lands (.300) not the grooves(.308)

the .3075 idea doesnt measure anything useful, you need it at .300 to measure the actual surface that touches the lands. SO the SP tool is not too small (as i thought also before talking to buhay).

FWIW,
JB

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.