Cz550

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by gabby, Jul 21, 2008.

1. gabby

gabby Active Member

Do any of you have or use a CZ550 action or rifle for LR? I haven't heard much about them. Likes or dislikes? Thanks Mike

2. grit

grit Well-Known Member

I have a CZ 550 in 243. I am pleased with the rifle. Nice stock, nice trigger, good accuracy. In fact, I think it's my most accurate factory rifle. I bedded the action and tuned the trigger. She shoots good, looks good, and feals good.

Only thing I'd change is the center feed magazine. Can't push a round back down into it without taking it out.

3. gabby

gabby Active Member

Grit; thats what I was hoping to hear. I had a brand new CZ 550 in30-06 sitting in my safe for about 3 years. I shot it a few times but never enough to see it's true potential. I've been on blood thinners for some time now and can't take the recoil like I used to. So I shipped it off to Kevin Weaver to rebarrel to 25-06AI. I hope that will take most of the bruising out of it.
    Thanks Mike

4. grit

grit Well-Known Member

Good luck with it. Should be better than ever. Might consider having a brake put on while it's there. If you have to give it up I know a guy who likes 'em.