CZ 550 Scope Mounting vertical problems

Thanks for the reply. I too sent my gun to Triple River Gunsmithing to fix the elevation problem. They wouldn't tell me how or what they did either. Strange. When I first got the rifle back it was fixed. After a trip to a second gunsmith for a Lilja rebarrel job, with the same Warne CZ rings and Swarovski scope, the problem was back. I had first asked TR to change the carbine barrel to a 23" sporter barrel. They sent me back a botched job with no caliber markings on the barrel, so bad that they declined to charge me for the work. That's why I went with a Lilja #4 installed by the second gunsmith. Matt Cockrell of Plains, MT (406) 396-2407. Great gunsmith, not too busy, recommended by Lilja. I will DEFINITELY use him again. He's good. I'm using the EGW clamp on rail now. If the gun shoots like I expect it to, I'll get the Farrell base. I have one on a CZ 527 in .222 Rem which performs well. Give Matt a call; you won't be disappointed.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts