CZ 550 in .308 questions.

trophyhunter1000

I just picked up a CZ 550 varmint in .308 yesterday. The gun has a 26" barrel not the 25.5 like all the tech specs state. The gun has the H-S precision stock. This is a second hand gun and upon further inspection the bolt has been lapped and the face trued. Trigger is the stock set trigger but it has also had work done to it as well. The stock after taking away from the action has been sanded and 1 pillar was glassed in at the tang area of the stock. My question is 1 why would the just pillar that one hole and 2 does anyone have any knowledge of the throat depth on this style action and barrel?

I have one with a laminated stock.it is one of the most accurate rifles I own.It will do 1/2" MOA with the right loads with ease.It does have a fairly long throat and action length,but the magazine limits the cartridge length.I usually set my seating depth to the max magazine length.

Bald that's a heck of a group. I put my trigger gauge on her and the standard pull is 4lbs and the set pull is 10oz's. What other things do I need to know about if you can remember off hand?

I set my regular trigger set at 2 3/4lbs.I really like shooting this rifle.The recoil is nothing because the rifle is very heavy.I really like 150gr bullets behind 46.5grs of Varget.They shoot really flat out to 200yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.