CZ 452 Style

Took the gun out today. only shot at 100 yards, I shot CCI SV and Fed Gold, and Fed bulk from walmart threw it.

This was the group of the day, 6 shots at 100 yards, prone with bipod and rear bag. guess wich ammo was used for this group

06d94f56.jpg

By the way you set up your question.... the Wal-Mart bulk! Do you clean between different ammo? Each producer of LR ammo has its own wax mix they use on the bullets. I've been told that to really determine which is the most accurate you need to shoot one type, clean, and shoot the others, and so on. Have you found this to be true? I think I have experienced that with my 22LR.

I have done some testing with my 452 scout, cleaning before shooting different ammo. the concusion i came up with is once you clean it it takes about 15 shots for it to settle back in. if you just switch ammo and keep shooting it takes about 5 shots to settle in.

Have you ever tried Wolf Match in your 22's? I've read great reviews about it from different people but I've yet to talk to someone who's opinion I could really trust or would post pictures to back up their claims.

I have done some testing with my 452 scout, cleaning before shooting different ammo. the concusion i came up with is once you clean it it takes about 15 shots for it to settle back in. if you just switch ammo and keep shooting it takes about 5 shots to settle in.

Yeah, I found that you have to break the barrel back in (if you will) to really see what it does. So was I on about the bulk ammo?:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.