CVA Apex

SidecarFlip

Been looking hard (for a while now) for a CVA Apex switch barrel smoke pole.

I can'r seem to find one anywhere. Are they that hard to come by?

I've seen them in some of my latest travels at both Jay's and Cabala's in Dundee. I picked one up to just look at it (yes it hurt) at Jay's and its a good rifle but, I didn't like the feel of it. The stock didn't seem to have any drop, at least not enough for me. Call Jay's in Gaylord, which is where I seen that rifle. They may still have it. I would also suggest that you call Classic Arms in Lansing (closer), as they may have them.

Note: "yes it hurt"..... is because I happen to be a T/C shooter. Myself, I prefer the Pro Hunter.

I've seen them in some of my latest travels at both Jay's and Cabala's in Dundee. I picked one up to just look at it (yes it hurt) at Jay's and its a good rifle but, I didn't like the feel of it. The stock didn't seem to have any drop, at least not enough for me. Call Jay's in Gaylord, which is where I seen that rifle. They may still have it. I would also suggest that you call Classic Arms in Lansing (closer), as they may have them.

Note: "yes it hurt"..... is because I happen to be a T/C shooter. Myself, I prefer the Pro Hunter.

Cabelas don't. I live exactly 1.7 miles from there. Close enough to spend a gob but far enough to not do it often.......:D

I heard that there was some issues with the Bergara barrels a while ago but nothing recently. My hunting partner has a CVA/Bergara but it's just a camo stocked BP. I want the flexibility of the switch barrel.

I've always liked the G2 Contenders but they are so expensive and hard to come by. Cabelas had a used G2 this summer that I looked at, it had 2 barrels, a 223 and 45LC/410 but it was kind of rough and Cabelas (as usual) wanted too much for it.

Was something pertaining to barrel availablilty for the Apex. Something about only being able to get barrels from CVA only. That was early this year (2012) that I heard about.

Cabelas don't. I live exactly 1.7 miles from there. Close enough to spend a gob but far enough to not do it often.......:D

I heard that there was some issues with the Bergara barrels a while ago but nothing recently. My hunting partner has a CVA/Bergara but it's just a camo stocked BP. I want the flexibility of the switch barrel.

I've always liked the G2 Contenders but they are so expensive and hard to come by. Cabelas had a used G2 this summer that I looked at, it had 2 barrels, a 223 and 45LC/410 but it was kind of rough and Cabelas (as usual) wanted too much for it.

Hummm... they had one a week and a half ago. Give Jay's a call in both Clare and Gaylord. Classic Arms in Lansing, there's a shop in Holt and one near Fowlerville or close to it. Try Bob's Gun Shop over to Hastings too. Another "out of the way" spot, would be Shoebach's (spelling) that is right in down town Jackson. Its been over looked by many and they have a large selection of firearms and such.

Bergara did have some problems with their barrels. At one time, you could find them on EBay, listed as "seconds". I would assume that if they did have a problem, they'd correct it immediately.

I'd consider the Pro Hunter............ and exchange it with any barrel you'd like.

yeah thats right, CVA will only sell them since the stores go through them extremely fast, they are hard to keep in stock. CVA decided to sell them strictly through their own site to make things easier and more fair to the buyer.

Ed's gun shop normally has them in stock so give Carlos a call and he'll set you up.

If you have a Dick's Sportings Goods around you, check there. They had one for over two weeks in the store in Muskegon and it sold just the other day ( I know someone who works there). Dick's gets firearms in all the time and they never know how many or what, at least at the local stores.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.