CVA Acura LR -anyone shoot one

I have a CVA Altima V2: and It shoots surprisingly well with a 250gr Traditions SMACKDOWN boat tail, ballistic tip bullet, that is made by Hornady. They come in a plastic pack of 15 or 30 along with the sabot for them. I buy mine at Dicks. I put one down the tube on top of two triple 7 pellets and they shoot 1&1/2" groups at 100 yards and 2&1/2" groups at 200 yards. I'm told the most accurate groups are attained with loose powder, but I see no need for improvement. I'm hard pressed to get better groups than that from my 30-06. I tried different types of CVA brand bullets, they don't come close to the accuracy of the Hornady bullets. Good luck hunting and be safe.

I have the cheaper CVC Wolf that also shoots surprisingly accurate, similar to Buck above. This year I used two white hots behind a TC 200 grain shockwave. Got my biggest buck to date with that one.

slas: I almost bought a wolf but went with a little bit more expensive one. Does the Wolf have the finger removable breech plug like the Altima? They are unbelievable , Makes for easy cleaning. I know the wolf shoots good, I have seen and heard only good about them. I think that most all in-lines today shoot good to excellent with the right loads. Congratulations on your buck and I hope your good luck continues in 2018.

slas: I almost bought a wolf but went with a little bit more expensive one. Does the Wolf have the finger removable breech plug like the Altima? They are unbelievable , Makes for easy cleaning. I know the wolf shoots good, I have seen and heard only good about them. I think that most all in-lines today shoot good to excellent with the right loads. Congratulations on your buck and I hope your good luck continues in 2018.
Yes, it does and I love it. I wasn't even planning on hunting muzzle loader season, but decided to when I saw the new Wolf, in the box, for sale on craigslist for $120. I stuck an old Simmons scope on it I had lying around, and after getting familar with how to load and shoot it, I took it out to 100 yards. To my surprise I was getting better accuracy than a few of my other, higher rated rifles. Kept moving back and kept hitting the center of the target, out to around 200 yards. Right before I took my buck this year I decided to try and rid myself of a pesky coyote than was taunting me at about 150 yards away. Again, perfect hit. I was sold on muzzle loading then. I feel as confident with it out to 150-200 as I do with my other rifles.

Like I said, my 30-06 doesn't shoot much better. That's why its the only gun a lot of hunters will use all year long. They aren't the old time ball throwers of yesterday, they are real killers. When they say bang, there should me meat on the table. And just another thing, I feel that CVA has come a long way as far as improving the performance of their guns in the last 10 - 15 years. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.