Cutting edge bullets - Seating depth

Cutting Edge needs to provide a diagram showing their SealTite Band being jumped to the entrance of the throat. There's obviously a lot of confusion and misunderstanding base on their current reloading instructions.

It amounts to the STB rides the freebore, so it's the start of the throat (freebore+leade section) that matters, not the start of the leade (lands) that matters.

Thanks.
Kind of a cluster.
I suspect Nikki meant to type "to the throat". Not "to the lands". But she typed to the lands twice.

The only way to get the SealTite Band to touch the lands is to deform it in the throat. By cramming it all the way down thru the throat. And then the base of their bullet will barely be held in the case neck. Possibly pulling out of the case neck upon extraction of a live round.

You asked for clarification. I'm afraid the response got muddled 😕
For me I just use the Hornady tool to push the bullet forward until it touches, whether that be the ogive or in this case the band. I backed off .025" from that and shot this 3 shot group @ 200 so whatever I did works for me.

:D

I'll have to back off a bit as these were on the VERY warm side and had a very sticky bolt.

716EE24A-A6A5-4D60-88DC-3C2724FC25A5.jpeg

I just watched the Cutting Edge video @FEENIX attached to post #2 in this thread.

At 2:52 in that video, Samantha does clearly state "jump of SealTite Band into the chamber throat".

So Nikki errored / clustered her email response when she typed "to the lands".

When I rebarrel this rifle I will have the proper twist to shoot the 140 Lazers. While it's cool to shoot these at 3600+ fps, the BC isn't very good on them at 125 grains. I'm currently running an 8 twist barrel. The good thing is the claimed 1200-1300fps claimed low expansion threshold.

Only one CE Lazer hasn't shot well for me so far. The 180gr .308 Lazer. The other .308s and .338 Lazers have shot nicely in my rifles.

And the 78gr CE MTH .224s have also shot well from my 22 Creedmoor.

So far, happy with their precision.

Only killed one game animal so far. Terminal performance was as expected for a copper monolithic. Very little meat destruction. Dead caribou.

Mike, on the + side, even though they cannot detect an "of" in place of an "or" they did have a nice lady offer verbal instructions, lol.

Not sure how much coffee that decoder ring would have required.