Custom Striker Pics

winmagman

Thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my latest project. This was a Savage Striker in 22-250 that I modified for use in Wis. shotgun/pistol zones. Now it wears a 17" Pac Nor Supermatch chambered in 6.5 WSSM.

Obviously I got rid of the magazine, factory trigger and linkage, tinkered with the trigger for a while but never got it to my liking. Replaced it with a Rifle Basix trigger.

I did away with the factory stock and replaced it with a modified Lee Six stock from Joel Russo. Other components include SSS recoil lug, barrel nut, and tactical bolt handle. Topped with a Burris 2x7 pistol scope(came with original Striker)
e7c3ff7e.jpg

e7c3fe25.jpg

Right now it has a Harris 13-26" bipod under it, that seems a little more comfortable from the prone position than the 9-13" model, plus I can use it seated for moderate range shots. Of coarse that was just on the living room floor, will know more once I've fired it.

This last pic is for Joel Russo. Because I wanted to go with a rear grip instead of a center grip I created a few hole location issues for myself, mainly with the trigger guard. I told Joel I post some pics of how it turned out. The front of the trigger guard is contoured to fit around the action screw bushing, then epoxied into place. The rear screw in the trigger guard is mostly cosmetic, just filling a hole.
e7c3fc2f.jpg

I also have to give props to Joel and Chris Matthews, who did some bolt head work for me, both men were outstanding to work with and I couldn't of pulled this off without their help. Thanks gentlemen.

Chris

Last edited:
Very nice, sure doesn't look like mine.
I'm thinking of having mine rebarreled but don't know what I want yet.
The trigger sure leaves something to be desired.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.