Custom Stiller/Bartlien 338 Lapua

Discussion in 'Guns For Sale' started by JJGibbs, May 1, 2014.

1. JJGibbs

JJGibbs Well-Known Member

I personally built this rifle for myself the end of last year and have decided to part with it in order to fund some other projects I have going on. I can email or text pictures. Round count is 75 and it will shoot 3/8MOA all day long (off a bipod and rear bag) and weighs roughly 18lbs with optics. I built it strictly as an extra long range elk rifle.

Rifle is as follows:

-Stiller TAC338 w/ pinned .300 recoil lug Fluted Bolt and 20 MOA 8-40 pinned picatinny rail
    -Bartlien 9.3 twist 1.350" AMU Barrel
    -McMillan Adjustable A-5 fully bedded and barrel free floated (color is McMillan Camo) flush cups and dual front studs
    -Badger M5 DBM with (1)LA Lapua CIP Mag
    -CSR 4 port Muscle Brake
    -Jewel trigger
    -Complete barreled action and bottom metal CeraKoted Foliage Green

Bare rifle price is $4500 OBO, if you're interested in a set of Redding Competition dies and brass to go with the rifle I will work out a package deal on all of that as well. I would consider a Nightforce as partial trade.
    JJ Gibbs (928)486-7063

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. JJGibbs

3. harfman99

harfman99 Well-Known Member

how long is the barrel and could you post your load data.

thanks

4. MOD7NUT

MOD7NUT Well-Known Member

This isn't my thread, but most people including myself are reluctant to post load data as it can end bad. I am sure the seller wouldn't mind a private message and share his data, but don't count on him posting it on an open forum. Just my .02 cents.

5. JJGibbs

There is some basic load data I used to start with and one of the first groups I shot with the rifle posted in the link I provided. As for what I am shooting now I am sorry but that's reserved for the person that buys the rifle. The barrel is finished @27" plus the CSR brake so 28" overall.

6. JJGibbs

$4000 obo

7. JJGibbs

Weekend bump...will consider any reasonable offer

8. JJGibbs

To the top one last time. Only trades I am really interested in are a Nightforce/Manners T4 or McMillan A5/Custom Action