• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Custom Sako Quad 17hmr

Dan Tucker

I have 1 hell of a pretty gal here that is a bit on the short side but has the best parts in all the right places. The build started out with all brand new parts. This was put together several years back after having the parts stored away. I mounted the scope you see on it and went to a friends place to sight it in. The weather was cold and it got nasty with the wind blowing like a mother. I shot around 5 rounds starting to sight it in to shoot some groups and decided to pack it up and try another day. It has been sitting in the safe just like you see it for a couple years and never took it back out to dial it in. I have built a half dozen of these identical over the years but with different color cerekote and stock patterns. Keeping 1 I have and selling this 1. Listed below are the details.

No trades or offers on the rifle, scope does not come with the rifle as I am keeping it.

This rifle is as new with only about 5 rounds down the barrel and built with all new parts

* McMillan Sako Varmint stock in GAP Ambush, standard length of pull, flush cup on bottom of butt stock and 1 in the pic rail.

* Sako Quad action with 1 5rd magazine

* Lilja Sunberg taper barrel 16 inches long, not threaded

* Yo-Dave trigger spring

* Sako Optilock bases and 1 inch rings in high

* DIP tactical bolt knob and billet bottom metal

* All metal, rings and bases cerekoted by X-WERKS to match the 1 color in the stock

1585.00 shipped & insured

listed elsewhere

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 695
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 676
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 550
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 483
  • DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 729
NICE!!! Your like me-build things and put away. Have plenty of "Safe Queens". This is a great squirrel or varmint rifle, easy to carry/pack and deadly with 17HMRs. I have a Volquartsen 17HMR 18" carbon with McMillan thumbhole. shooting Hornady 20gr Volquartsen XPTs and its a tack driver. I would love to put this Sako Quad in my "Go to Rifle" section for shooting. Pictures don't do it Justice! Very reasonable price as well. Anyone that get's this one will surely be happy.

I build it to be a walker all day through the woods and all of the rifles I put together are and were tack drivers. I have another 500.00 into it besides the price listed.

I believe that the price is well below cost. People don't understand the cost for materials and time for custom firearms.. It is a really nice rifle and great price! I wish I could have it, but I am building two custom myself. I have my own shop. 6.5 X 284 and 6mm BR. both for competition "F" class and BR.

I bought its twin in 22 mag from Dan, and it is a incredible little rifle. Mine shotts 1/2 groups at 100 with ease and this one should do better. Great little gun!

Can't believe no one got this yet. I can't afford it, but if I could, the squirrels, racoons, coyotes would not be running from my hunting area, because they wouldn't be able to. This is such a nice firearm especially that you can walk with it all day. This is for the hunter that wants to HUNT and not just sit. You can walk with this all day. Just look at the beauty of it. My wife Jill saw it, I tried keeping this post away from her. She is like "Why don't you just but it for me and you can shoot it, we have like 5,000 Hornady 20XPTs to shoot in it" Yea right like the last 10 riflers and pistols we bought for her. Can't afford it just spent $30K+ on business equipment.
Dan real NICE rifle. Anyone that gets it is getting it at a below fair price and have a great shooter for many years. Great job on building it.

Dan always has the nicest rifles. We've done a few deals Over the years and he's never done me wrong. This is a killer rifle. Someone will be getting a gem. I think if this one was threaded I would have already owned it.