• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Sako in 300 Win mag

James Jones

I had posted this gun earlier this year but have made some changes to it.

Action is a blued Sako L691 fully blue printed , its been profesionaly drilled and tapped for a picatinny rail with 8-40 screws and comes with two rails , one 30 moa and one 0 moa
the barrel is a medium heavy fluted SS Obermeyer 25.5" and has less than 100 rounds since it was rechambered and hase a recessed target crown.
The stock is a McMillan in Sako profile and has been painted with Prolane (sp) paint which is the same stuff Banser rifles uses o their stocks , the stock has an aluminum bedding block , and flush cup sling mounts installed by McMillan.

This gun will shoot in the 1/2moa range with several factory loads and lower with reloads. It balances well and is very steady in the rest or bipod. I also have an unfinished Joel Russo A5L stock for it that has been dual pillar bedded , a custom aluminum & titanium adjustable comb piece installed and a 1" Decelarator recoil pad this stock will be an awsome base for a long range rifle.

I'm asking $800 for the complete gun and $200 for the A5L stock if its bought with it , thats over $100 less than the stock can be bought for not counting the bedding and comb unit.
SakoL691300winmag.jpg
SakoL69130moarail.jpg

weight of rifle, are the dovetail mounts still on the gun, if not what base set up to use not interested in the rail....

James I am leaving for VA tomorrow, but if you still have it when I get back, and agree to haul it as far as independece I will take it. I should be back by probably tuesday, give me a call tuesday and we will arrange delivery. If someone comes through in the mean time thats fine.

That sound like a plan , I'll be happy to meet you up at Mr Don's again. I'd like to show ya'll my 260 anyway , just wish I had some stuff to reload with so I could shoot it to.
I'll give you a ring to talk about it.

good luck up their.

300STW sorry for the delayed response.

As for the factory dovetail ,yes it is still their and full functional the top of the gun looks just like it did from the facotry except their are 4 , 8-40 holes taped in the top of the dove tail. The standard factory Sako rings will work fine.

the gun weighs in the 9.5-10 lb range , my scale weighed it at 9 1/2 three times and right at 10 lbs three times.

James I am going to be running a day behind. Ran across this monster buck and I cant leave him roaming on this mountain. I had planned on leaving this morning, but am waiting until tomorrow morning after I hunt (or may wait till after the afternoon hunt) but either way I am going to make it to chatanooga tomorrow...then will be back in MS the next. Can we meet Thursday? I have to pick up a new gun or two from Mr Don anyway. BTW he probably has some dies etc. and probably wouldnt have a problem letting you shoot, unless he has a bunch of site ins to do.

that sounds like a plan , I have to take off either Thursday or Friday to go see the head shrinker anyway may as well make a day out of it. I'll give you a rig tomorrow evening to see how big that deer is ;)

Yes sir the gun is sold pending meeting with eddybo later this week and from talking with him the lamiinated stock is sold also.

thanks for everybodies intrest

Recent Posts