Custom build info???

scottw2119

Hey every body im new here looking for some more info on the 7mm-375 or 7mm lrm which ever one you would like to call it i read you can rechamber a 7mm rem mag to this caliber without rebarrling but im not above rebarrling thought i would try the caliber in a rechamber first love my 7mm rem mag but i like bigger have had the stw and the rum. Rum was a barrel eater never again on the rum. I have a 7mm saum love it no belt great shooter but want more. And is there anybody out there doing the rechamber and what kind of money would i be looking at?

There are more 7mm STW shooters on this site than probably any place in the world. We even have our own 7mm STW subforum here HA!

If you'll just scroll down another page or two you'll find a thread here on the 7LRM where the shooters of same here chimed in.

If you have a good barrel rechambering it is not a big or particularly expensive deal but you will not find a top end gunsmith willing to put his name behind such a job if they do not think they are starting with a quality barrel.

If the barrel shoot well with 7mm RM, keep the barrel.
Call it switchable barrel. You can do it yourself with Savage action.

You can have both 7mm RM barrel and 7mm-375 barrel (you need to order pre-fit and chamber barrel).

I have two 7mm rm one in a ruger stainless that will shoot a 5/8 in group at 100 with 168 bergers and i have a browning bbr coming. The browning was going to be my project it has a cracked stock so i have to work on it anyway got it bought where its not going to hurt to use as a rechamber or for a new barrel will try it out to see if it will shoot or not may be a stock job and on the shelf for sale then on the hunt for another action (advantage of having a ffl) the ruger has a mag well that would limit the oal not sure what the mag length is on the browning is will find out tomorrow

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.