Custom Barrels

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by A_Baker, Aug 29, 2008.

1. A_Baker

A_Baker Member

What after market barrel is preferable on a long range rig. Every after market barrel maker makes there product sound good,but which one is a consistent good?

2. TheReeper

TheReeper Well-Known Member

I would choose between Bartlein, Kreiger or Lilja. IMO, I would go with the Bartlein. They are making some awesome barrels.

3. Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss Well-Known Member

Krieger is who I use on my competition rifles and on my sporters. There is a reason why they have long lead times but if you are lucky someone might have what you need in stock..

4. tillroot1

tillroot1 Well-Known Member

I agree with both comments from above, but would add that I started using Rock barrels and I am VERY impressed with thier 5r barrels as well. Ron Tilley

5. dirtball

dirtball Well-Known Member

I currently have two Shilen's, a PacNor, and a Krieger, they all shoot better than I do. But my next one will be another Krieger.
    JMHO
    Dave

6. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

I would pick Krieger as my top.
    Make that choice because of several smith's I know and their experiences and dealing with other makers.
    I have used Broughton, Lawton, Shilen, Douglas, and a new barrel maker with an old name McGowen with good success.