Custom Ammo Builder

30 Hammer

A buddy of mine that doesn't handload bought a really nice rifle but the assembler just provides recipes not ammo.

Does anyone know of someone that builds custom made to order ammo? Not SAMMI spec

Thanks all!

We do custom ammo. We require the rifle to do load work up. We will do ammo with our Hammer bullets or the bullet of your choice.

So we do ammo that is truly custom to each rifle. We will provide data to the customer as well as drops out to usable distance.

Steve

I would offer to do it, as I have the spare time, and need the money, but I think you need a manufacturing FFL & business license to build and ship ammo as a business. And I don't want to get on the wrong side of the law for trying to help someone, and pay my bills at the same time.

On a side-note, just the other day I was talking to the local Class III FFL SOT down the road who is talking about opening up an ammo plant next to his machinegun range (he owns a machinegun range where customers pay & shoot full-autos, about 2 minutes from my house), and said he might be interested in hiring me to run his ammo plant as a full-time gig to feed his machineguns for his range business. If he does decide to go down that route, then maybe I can talk him into working under his FFL to build custom precision ammo for customers and offer load development services.

Copper Creek Cartridge. Josh is awesome. I sent him my rifle and he did this. I now reload but if I didn't I would stay with Copper Creek.

MKG

Attachments

• 82393-4bf2cb5b0fdd63fc15c0f2e84389625e.jpg
    82393-4bf2cb5b0fdd63fc15c0f2e84389625e.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 154
I understand the reason,but shipping my rifle scares the crap out of me!
Fed Ex or UPS they are about the same. It's Russian Roulette until they drop it lose it run over it with a forklift.What about the guy who sells test pack "A" and then you buy pack "B" I think it involves about 60 rounds total. Safer to me...I just looked It's Copper Creek I was referring to..
http://coppercreekammo.com/product/6-5x284-norma-load-development-pack-stage-one/

Last edited:
I sent a guy that showed me how to paperpatch lead bullets for mzldr some of my finished bullets...full lead conical....somehow those bullets went from my post office to Maryland fbi....got ran over by some piece of heavy equipment and then back to the guy I was sending them to.....he lives 3 hours away from me in Idaho...
USPS...I made the postmaster reimburse me for shipping cost, product cost, and the loss of information due to the extreme damage to the bullets....only ten in the box...nothing else but wrapping....funny thing is the box wasn't destroyed..just the bullets...
Bastards......
And all the guy was going to do was test the lead hardness and shoot them in his rifle...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.