• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale CUSTOM 338/06...Shoots as good as it looks

This exceptionally versatile caliber is perfect in Deer, Elk, Bear and Boar country and equally adept in Africa for anything up to and including Leopard and Eland. I have 150 new head-stamped Norma brass, new Redding Dies and a number of boxes of the various weights of bullets. Commercial ammo is also produced by several rifle companies as well as custom producers. For the reloader it is easy to load the 338/06 for a huge number of species and I have found it to be inherently accurate and devastatingly effective.
I need to make someone a great deal so I can buy my heavy African gun and get prepared to head for Africa. Give me a shout!

Reduced to $2550 Check the end of this thread for a very special deal for a buyer who can act quickly!

Last edited:
This versatile and easy to load caliber is fantastic for a wide range of game! And on top of that It is barreled with a Shilen Select match barrel mated with Sako's most desired action, the L61R. But to have all that mounted in such an exceptional and well appointed stock is an extremely rare find. It is a pleasure to shoot and amazingly accurate...SOMEONE IS MISSING THE BOAT ON THIS ONE!

I have an Africa trip coming up or I for sure wouldn't have it up for sale...I need the funds for a heavier caliber ASAP. Reasonable offers welcome!

Note: I have new Redding dies, lots of new properly head-stamped brass and a good supply of bullets to package in an unbelievable "turn-key" opportunity for someone. This rifle is perfect for anything that walks in North America and all plains game in Africa.

I really can't believe this amazing rifle is still here! Time is growing short before I go back to Africa and I need to fund several items for that trip. I'm going to temporarily sweeten the deal for someone who can act quickly!
For a short period of time, I am going to include well over $500 worth of new Norma Brass, New Redding dies, a box of 250g A-Square Dead tough ammo and Nosler Partition, Barnes TTSX, and Norma Oryx bullets free to the buyer.
For $2550 the buyer will receive all the above items and this great rifle. This offer is only good for a short time and will be rescinded if the rifle is not purchased in time to allow me the margin to get prepared for my trip.