• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom 280AI Rem 700 With Bushnell 4200 4-16x50

pmh-usa

This is a 1980's Rem 700 action that was squared, trued, and rebarreled in 280 Ackley Improved with a Lothar Walther heavy sporter-weight CM 284-9 twist barrel at 26 inches. Bolt lugs were properly lapped. Factory trigger was 'tuned' at about 3lbs. Round count is about 40 using the previous unbedded stock and ½ inch groups were common - most promising loads were 140 Accubonds using IMR 4831 if memory serves me. I recently glass-bedded it into a used Rem (HS Precision) Sendero stock with slim (no palm-swell) grip. The stock is black with grey spiderweb and is in great condition except for a superficial chip at the forend (see picture#3). I have not had the opportunity to fire it since put in the current stock. The bottom metal has rub marks on the trigger guard and a small scratch on the floorplate. Complete rig weighs 9lbs 12oz - the barrel contour is between a light varmit and heavy sporter - the muzzle diameter is .730 and six inches from the chamber mouth (beginning of straight taper) it is .930 - action and barrel have not been blued or coated. This was chambered in the original 280 Ackley Improved with a relative shallow throat (about the same OAL as a standard 280 length) so it can easily be deeper throated if desired. The scope is a 2-year old Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x50mm with absolutely no marks on it. The mounts are Leupold sculpted steel bases topped with Burris dual-dovetail Signature rings.

As I have two other lighter-weight hunting 280AI's, this one is excess. I would like to get $1250 for the rig or $900 without the scope. This would make someone a great place to start for longer-range hunter setup.

Will only ship to an FFL dealer who accepts transfers from a private citizen - I will furnish picture ID to dealer before shipping. $35.00 for USPS Priority Mail Insured and you get a free plastic gun case. I prefer payment with USPS money order or certified check. I'm sure I've forgotten something, so feel free to PM me with any questions.

This is also listed on other sites so is subject to prior sale - first 'I'll take it" on this or other sites gets it.

Attachments

• 280AI_1.jpg
    280AI_1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 280AI_2.jpg
    280AI_2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 280AI_3.jpg
    280AI_3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 280AI_4.jpg
    280AI_4.jpg