CT Ballistic tips

300 ultra

I restocked my reloading supplies today and for some reason The CT Ballistic Tips caught my eye in 30 cal. 150 grains and I am going to play with them in my 30-06. I was wondering if others have tried these and there results. Both accuracy and on game. Obviously there marketing is working, They had a fish on here.

I've killed some deer and an antelope with the 150gr CTs in a 308 Win. None long range, but all very dead very quick. None exited and none recovered.

My 7mm mag loves the 140gr and 150gr CT BT's I have taken several whitetails all DRT with heart/lung shots. Excellent accuracy too sub 1/2 MOA

The 180's in 30 cal do a great job on dear,elk and bear (near and far)DRT but not so hot on close range coyotes.

My "go to" bullet from .243 Catbird to .300 Jarrett. In 30 cal I shoot both the 150 and 168. Sighted in with the 150, the 168's don't require a scope adjustment as they shoot within 1/4 inch @ 250. Antelope, whitetail and muley with the 150 and elk, bear and moose with the 168.

LOVE THEM. my 7 mag shoots clover groups at 100 yds, and alittle larger than 1 in. at 200. A myth is that they clog the bore, not true. I found that a bore snake with 2 pulls shows no signs of this after 10 shots. Enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.